Thursday, May 2, 2013

First Game I Ever Preordered

This little story comes from Kevin Gordon (kevster) at Board Game Geek. It's really uplifting and really exciting as we near the release of Pixel Lincoln: The Deckbuilding Game (which I think is now on its way to the US). I can't wait for it to be in everyone's hands.


Here's Kevin Gordon's post titled "First Game I Ever Preordered." I must also mention that Kevin's avatar included an NES, an arcade cabinet and the original Gameboy. Three of my favorite things ever.
I was late to the party on Pixel Lincoln so I missed the Kickstarter campaign. However, after discovering this game, watching videos, and reading as much about it as I could find, I decided this would be the first board game I ever preordered. For anyone who cares, here's why:

As soon as I learned that Pixel Lincoln was a 16-bit side scrolling platformer deckbuilding game I had a good idea I would like it. I am a huge retro video game collector and own over 300 NES titles and nearly 100 SNES titles. I also own and collect many other retro video game consoles. I am also a big sucker for DBGs. I even maintain a Geeklist that has all the DBGs that I've played ranked and rated. As you can see, Pixel Lincoln is right up my alley.

When I first saw the gameplay video I knew I needed to own this game. The weapons, NPCs, quirky enemies, bosses, and mini-bosses are all just such cool ideas. The way the game scrolls to mimic the feel of a side scrolling game is so clever. And it has almost limitless potential for expansions.

Anyway, here's one guy that's hoping the boat from China carrying all these games gets here ASAP!
I'm honored to be able to have this kind of impact on someone. Thanks Kevin!

Original post: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12175587

0 comments:

Post a Comment