Sunday, June 23, 2013

It's About Time To Catch Up Around Here

Wow... it's been a killer few weeks around here. Storyteller Cards ended. I went to Florida for work, came home and went right to Origins. And now I'm working on a few secret games. Lots of good stuff going on, and time to get back to keeping you guys in the loop.




I want to do a full recap of the Storyteller Cards, discussing what went right and what went wrong in the near future. For now the short version: It was a wonderful campaign that went very well. I had a lot of support from the start and it made things very easy on me. The only negatives were my fault. I may have charged too little for international shipping (on purpose to encourage sales), and stretch goals were a little tough (even at 160% funded there really wasn't any extra money to give anything away). We'll get into all of that in a future post, but it will be a very positive one because everything was very smooth.

For now I wanted to talk about how each Kickstarter campaign has 2 big effects on me.

1) I basically devote all my blogging to the campaign.

2) I have a post-Kickstarter coma that seems to last from 1-2 weeks.

A Kickstarter campaign really takes everything out of me and this blog, my twitter and everything else internet-related seems to suffer. I need to work on that balance over time. Devoting the time and energy to the campaign seems to destroy any non-campaign productivity. And with being pulled in so many directions, it's hard to justify skipping any of those to work on non-Kickstarter blogs and work.

And the coma... I just need to shorten that window. A few days off instead of weeks. It's a tough transition going from dozens/hundreds of notifications/messages a day to zero. There's a weird connection to productivity/motivation there and I don't think I'm in a position to stop it, as aware of it I may be.

So.... that was a long way to say, things are back on track. I've awoken from my coma and I have some cool stuff lined up for the week. Going to talk about my Origins experience, the Pixel Lincoln: The Deckbuilding release, the future of Storyteller Cards, upcoming projects and much more.

Stay tuned!




0 comments:

Post a Comment