Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unpub 3 Stress!

I've been looking forward to the next Unpub since the minute I left the last one. John Moller's game design-drivin playtest events are some of the best around, and the official "Unpub" event in January is the big one. It's a great way to start off the year, and while it's over a month away, I'm super stressed out about it!



I'm only stressed because I'm trying to decide which game(s) to bring. Last year I brought Sandwich City and received great feedback. We got about 6 or 7 sessions in throughout the day, and I still managed to play 4 or 5 other games. This year, it's a 2 day event, so I'm planning on bringing 2 or 3 games. One will be the proposed next installment of Pixel Lincoln: The Deckbuilding Game, which is still on paper (well, fake iPad paper via the wonderful Penultimate app), the second will probably be ZombieZone in its big, post-The Game Crafter limited release version, and the other one is ???????

And that is where I'm stuck. I have a bunch of games in the works, but I want to bring something big, meaty, and in need of feedback. And another part of this is that I need to get printing done over the next few weeks. I'll mess around at home with some ugly prototypes, but if I'm going out in public with it, I need to pretty it up.

Reverse Dungeon Crawler
I'm only calling it that because it slightly resembles what it actually is, and the name has stuck in my head. I have a long way to go with this one, but it's at the top of my list to get moving.

Famous Missions with new art
This is at the bottom of my list because it doesn't need high level testing. I'm just curious of what people think of the new art, and how it flows with the game.

Card Throwing game
This one is very light and quick to teach, and I want to see what people think. Alex Strang has been helping out as well, so together, maybe we can get this there.

Something else
I have a few others in varying stages of completion, but time is running out. I need another month!

I also want to play a bunch of games while I'm there. Last year I was able to play VivaJava for the first time, Wartime, Salmon Run, and others. And I need to take lots of photos and write a big recap. So much awesomeness going on... Can I pay somebody to run my games for me?

No matter what I decide, I need to get moving today. I'll have a mega-The Game Crafter order to place within the next week or two. I'll be ordering a whole bunch of these.



0 comments:

Post a Comment