Sunday, April 7, 2013

Card Throwing 101 at Alderac.com

AEG posted my first Maximum Throwdown designer diary. Here's the intro.

The game was simple but the challenge was fun
Maximum Throwdown started with a deck of standard playing cards. One night I started tossing playing cards one by one onto my dining room table, trying to see if they could land on each other. Within a few seconds it evolved into a mini-game where I would try to get the cards to cover the suit icons of the cards that were already on the table. And then within a few minutes the deck was split into 4 suits and I was playing a solo 4-player game of “cover the other players suits”. Each suit that was 100% uncovered gained a point at the end of the game.



Head to their site to check out the full article (as well as some awesome Maximum Throwdown site-headers).
http://www.alderac.com/blog/2013/04/03/maximum-throwdown-design-diary/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment