Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Geek of the Week

I'm usually a geek every week, but this week I am the Geek of the Week!


I was recently interviewed for Geekadelphia by fellow geek / high school alumni / writer with more credentials than you can imagine, Nicole Kline (@toits). We chatted about Quarriors (a game that she gushes a lot about), Pixel Lincoln, design advice and a bunch of other random projects that are going on.
Can you tell us a little bit about the first game you designed? 
It’s still incomplete, but it was very ambitious. It was a full on trading card game called “Magic Gone Mad” based off of a web series that I made with my brother and brother-in-law. I think we made a full 108 card set, but we only printed a short run of 10 promo cards. Around that time I discovered a print-on-demand / short run playing card company and started to self-publish my own games.
 Full article/interview at: http://geekadelphia.com/2012/10/17/geek-of-the-week-board-game-designer-jason-tagmire/

Fact: This is the second time I've been directly involved with a Geekadelphia article. The first was when they featured my old failed Kickstarter project (sniff... weep...) Famous Missions. The support helped, but in the end the project did not survive.

I talk about Famous Missions a little in this interview too. In fact, I was talking to people about it tonight again, and we played it for the first time in a while on Saturday. It's still a blast, so I need to get on that.

Oh well, check out the article. It's official now... I'm a geek!

0 comments:

Post a Comment